Wednesday, November 19, 2008

While the wife is Away...

the build up: tuesday night, the wife has a cold and im watching the C's. i have banished her upstairs so i dont get sick. (i hate getting sick, but i love taking sick days) the house has crumpled up tissues and clorox wipes all over it. tomorrow she leaves for chicago and wont be back till sunday.

preliminary plan: toilet seats up in all bathrooms, quick disinfect of house, whiskey, gambling(hopefully better than last outing), bang in friday, lots of movies, sleep in and avoid the super-cold the wife picked up from work... and took with her on the plane. good luck to anyone flying weds morning!

day 1: here we go. this is going to be an all-out assault. from my brain to your eyes. good luck to those that encounter me during this stretch...

the fun starts early, on the way home from the 4:30am dropoff+still half-asleep... the wifes car is almost out of gas so i coast to a stop at the light near the police station in my town. then in the rearview, i see another car come to a stop in the right turn lane. he is on my flank ever so slightly and i dont think anything of it. the light changes and i start driving, this guy spins his tires and cuts me off. (what is it about me+bad drivers like scratchy was asking?) i gun the engine to maintain my hold on the lane but his v8 explorer has more balls than the wifes new whip. he gets by me, i lean on the horn and the chase is on. he is all over the road while accelerating away from me, i maintain my lane integrity and keep pace with him for a mile. then we come to a stupid part of my towns' traffic signal setup, they have reconstructed a couple islands and dropped in 2 stoplights where 1 was sufficient. the 1st is red as we approach, so i back off. he blows through this light and comes to a stop at the 2nd. i am still on the horn at this point and now switch on the brights. the road is an incline and rises in front of me which allows my highbeams to pour into his vehicle. the lights change simultaneously, the pursuit continues and our speed quickly returns to the previous level. this continues for the next mile until i reach my turnoff. i give it some more gas to make him think i am closing in on him so he will drive faster. i am hoping he will lose control and there will be a movie-style car crash right in front of me. no such luck. i am quite disappointed as i make my turn, because at this point, i am wide-awake and i would have had 2.5 more hours that i couldve followed this jerk around, as far as he was going, all at ridiculous speeds but the cars range gauge is blinking 0's and i have to call off the chase. oh well, its still early enough to get 2 more hours of sleep and i have a long week ahead of me...

his tags read 63A Z73

~Life is Short, Get into it~

1 comment:

son of a cook said...

I think Finnie's car chases are the best blogs of his. In fact dude, not only should you write about all of them as they happen, but you should also purposely take chances and try to street race people, just for your blog's sake.

Post a Comment