Friday, November 7, 2008

an Odd twist of Fate

today was an odd day.

i heard from a buddy who is overseas and enjoys this site, which led me to knock out a quick post to keep the audience happy. since my mind was focused on other material besides my work, I had a breakthrough, which led me to leave early, which led me to get on a different bus than i normally take. i sit at the back of the bus because i will take it almost to the end of the line, which led to a hippie in a tie-dye and his 3 young daughters sitting next to me when they got on the bus, which led me to quickly become annoyed because they were singing "Deck the Halls", at the top of their little lungs, in a round, with made-up verses, which led me to quickly get off the bus 2 stops down the road. i get off the bus at an unfamiliar stop with intentions of catching the next bus and i try to not be so obvious about the fact that i had exited the bus because of the screeching, which led me to wander around in a little park, which led me to miss the next bus that pulled up as soon as the screeching bus had departed, which led me to start walking up the line to the next bus stop in order to get closer to home. each time i looked back i didnt see a bus, which led me to continue walking 3 miles up the road. i finally saw a bus coming and i waited at the stop i had reached. its a bus thats on same line i was walking with. at this point though, i am in an area that has service from 3 different bus lines. i get on this bus, which led me to an encounter with an acquaintance from highschool that i havent seen in a year+. our conversation was brief but it turns out she is recently back in the area and isnt driving because she got in car accident... we caught up as quickly as we could before she got up and said "this is my stop, this is so weird. i really havent seen anyone else since i have been back." and she got off the bus at her stop. honestly, there was no reason i should have gotten on that bus today either. guess it was what was in store for me today.

what an odd day.

~Life is Short, Get into it~

2 comments:

son of a cook said...

who was it? I need to know.

the Deck said...

Tell you when i see you...

Post a Comment