Thursday, November 6, 2008

Spare Change?

i work in an area that has a high concentration of beggars. they are always in front of a convenience store i go to. i am constantly accosted for money by these people. i consider myself a generous person but the jingling of the coffee cup in my face has gotten to be too much for me to bear, especially when they are wearing brand new sneakers and fancy watches. these extravagances are barely covered up with dirty rags and i am beginning to think that these people arent poor or destitute at all but rather just extremely lazy.

so today when i was asked if i had any spare change, i responded: "Yes i have plenty, thanks for asking", slapped my pocket so the guy could audibly confirm i was telling him the truth and continued on my way.

~Life is Short, Get into it~

1 comment:

Scratch Head said...

You are going to get yourself killed by a guy pretending to be homeless!

Post a Comment