Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Fire Drill Improv...

was gonna hold off on posting this before i left for vacation, just to spite "Clouded Thoughts" but that wouldnt be me...

its raw and raining out, im recovering from the super-cold and i havent been trained in my new role as FSM. of course, the fire alarm goes off... grab my jacket, new hat and new clipboard. i clear the office and direct co-workers to go to the rightside stairwell, down 4 flights, out through the garage and group up in the back parking lot. i make my way down the stairs, get to the bottom and demand that the people huddling under the overhang, vacate the area and find your FSM, they comply. i count the heads in my group and make small talk about how nice the weather is for this kinda thing. my big boss gives me a hard time, says when he was a FSM, he would Always have everyone back inside by now. i say, "right, im just flexing my new authority a little and purposely making you guys stand in the rain." the group laughs. then another FSM comes over and wants to know what floor im on and if i have everyone. "yes i do, 4South" 3 other FSMs come over and ask whats going on, what that guy had said and if id seen an all-clear sign? "not sure whats going on, its my 1st shift and no, i havent seen the signal but 2 fire engines just arrived so it will probably be a few more minutes" i walk around a little, just off to the side, dodging raindrops... suddenly, the lemmings start to follow each other back into the building, so i break out the 2-finger whistle. 200 people freeze and stare at me, my big boss was at the front of the charge and gives me a smirk... i ask them all if they had seen an all-clear? i get no response. "thats because there wasnt 1 yet, everyone relax awhile. i will go see whats going on and wave when its all clear." i get the all-clear wave as im walking to the front of the building and pass it on. the masses start shuffling to the doors and i take a position to hold the doors open for them. after the last of the people walk by, i get a tap on the shoulder. i spin around, my big boss is standing there and he says "good job out there!" thanks and im just glad we didnt lose anybody today...

back in the office now and the alarms arent really going off anymore but they are still making a noise, they have a beat that compels me to try and find some glow-sticks and start danc- oh thank God. the noise stopped, it was next to unbearable and it sounded something like this...

~Life is Short, Get into it~

5 comments:

The Great Pyramid said...

"after the last of the people walk by, I feel a tap on my shoulder. It's my big boss and he asks me to gently remove my head out of his ass!"

Anonymous said...

It seems like the Pyramid should work on his own content instead of trying too hard to be funny commenting all the time! Isnt that what Scratchy's Clouded Thoughts is for?

The Great Pyramid said...

it seems like an anonymous user is the pot calling the kettle black. Sorry, but what have you blogged on lately? DILLIGAF!
If finnie does not want comments... he should disable it!!!

the Deck said...

ha!
to the ok triangle ~ seems like u cant take a little criticizm?? as far as comments, i welcome all except your nonsensical ones! the anon. was right, keep working on your own material... leave the commentary to Scratchy and his Back-Handed complimentary ways, chock full of negativity...

NC is Amazing!

Scratch Head said...

I was not anon - don't you feel stupid now! You got fooled!

Post a Comment