Saturday, December 20, 2008

Walking home after Live Music Show

turns out a cab and not that last whiskey would have been more Useful…

Ok, so for those of you that didnt know, consider this a public service and my good deed for the day. apparently, the public transportation system around here shuts down and they drop people off wherever they are at 1:15. i know this because i got stuck in town, on the wrong side of the river, with no cabs in sight nor enough cash on me to pay for a cab. i didnt want to bother the wife, so i figure i will walk home and then hoofed it from where i was marooned to a gas station 5miles away. the gas station is located on my street but in a different town. the wife calls me frantically at 2:32am wondering where i was, at which point, i told her to meet me at that gas station. we arrived at the same time, i was exhausted and fervently defending the fact that “i wasn’t as think as u drunk i am”

Lots of fun stuff on the walk home like running on the sidewalk over the bridge in hopes of catching the last bus and falling down in the snow once or breaking my self-imposed smoking ban in order to occupy some time during the walk and nearly not being able to get the 3 cigarettes that i did smoke, lit...

the best story, though, occurred after i passed by a former residence of mine. while i was walking on the snow-covered streets, i saw some guys shoveling out a car. with the wife enroute and knowing how far i had left to go, i sat down in the snow bank to rest and watch them for awhile, very thankful that i didnt have to shovel all the plowed-over snow… after 5 minutes of chuckling to myself over their ordeal, another guy emerges from the house, he is on fire, but starts helping clear off the car while yelling at the other 2: “i cant believe im out here right now, why don’t you guys just crash here? What the F, this sucks” after a minute of this, his buddy tells him to relax and that’s when he loses it. the Loud guy starts wildly swinging the snowbrush, snow is flying off the hood and he gets louder with each word he says: “youre telling me to relax, I Was relaxed. I Was inside Watching tv. Now im out Here with you A-holes. in the Cold and in this Stupid Snow!”

they laugh at this scene that is their buddys’ rant and then i also start laughing outloud. it seems like they have a good sense of humor and then i have an idea, so i approach them and offer to Trade help shoveling out for a ride home. they wonder why im just hanging around, sitting in a snowbank, and i explain that once again, I have been stranded by public trans and am slowly making my way home. without hesitation, the guy shoveling says its too far to drive 3miles down the road so i quickly turn to continue my trek and leave them with their 2ft perimeter of plowed snow around the car…

on a Bright note, my jacket is Awesome, no overheating during strenuous exercise and it provides great protection from the wind. the low temp was 19deg. with gusts of 30mph…

~Life is Short, Get into it~

3 comments:

Scratch Head said...

Full Comments posted here:
http://scratchyscloudedthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/12/i-told-you-so.html

Enjoy!

son of a cook said...

wow, I cant believe I missed such a great time.

Scratch Head said...

You would have missed it if you went to the show, since I assume you would have left in time to get a ride home!

Post a Comment