Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the Biggest Scam Going... part 2

Reflections and the remainder of my random thoughts…

so most of this is what stood out after some contemplation on Monday and after 4hrs of messing with interweb connection… the networking rep told me after unplugging modem and router and then plugging them back in that I was a certified technician… don’t feel any different but at least im home…

life is too short to be stuck in airports all the time!

woke up in the hotel and turned on tv to find that my luck hadn’t changed much, the satellite was knocked out due to high winds in the area… my plan was to check out at noon and hang in room till I got tossed then roam the airport till flight and it was derailed by this circumstance... so I checked out early and found a hockey bar near the gate... figured that’s a place to begin, got a burger and big beer to start the day…

i wonder if i could knock out an emu by sucker-punching it?

i was told if i didn’t leave Moline saturdaynight they couldn’t guarantee a flight out for 3-4 days… not sure being stuck in Detroit overnight is any better than that… glad I left though because I got to see a cop using a segway and seeing this reminded me of the most annoying song…


during my passes through the hotels security checkpoint, i noticed that the xray machines monitors are positioned in front of a partially-frosted glass opening in the wooden barrier. As you pass by there, you can observe what passes through the machine and since i was bored out of my mind i stopped to see what xrayed luggage looks like. after 30 seconds, the official who waves you through the metal detector, checks your id and signs your boarding pass, notices me standing there. she yells at me, “guy in the orange, keep moving” i comply but my exiting the window apparently wasn’t fast enough for her liking because she keeps yelling at me to keep moving then yells to the xray operator to stop the machine till the area is cleared… i get glares from the rest of the 5 officials and then i remark that they are stifling curiosity and reinforcing my boredom… why would they put a window in a place they want to keep so secure?

the hotel had a darkstone water-feature in the lobby, accompanying the gigantic leafy trees, which are 2storys tall and upon further review, they appear to be cannabis trees… wish i had the camera with me so i could get my picture taken in these trees so i could tell people i went to Amsterdam and found these in the countryside instead of sitting in Detroit airport this whole time…

dinner was again at hockey bar: chicken wings, fries and 2 Stripes… a buddy of mine is back on the protein and says he wants to hit the gym real hard but please don’t forget the squats…

tried to get on standby for a flight and when I asked the stewardess’ working the flight if it was full, she told me its oversold so I tell her they are all oversold and clarified my question. has everyone checked in yet for this flight? She scowls at me and I smile widely back at this stupid lowbudget elvira… she confirms my notion that all flights are full and i am lucky to have a confirmed seat on the 9:27...

i really hate flying… silver bars between black shiny vinyl-leather seats... guess they aren’t real sturdy, some lady broke through 1 waiting for her flight…

people on peoplemover moving slower than people not on peoplemover…

the lions lost all 16 games they played... ”The rest of Detroit sports laughs at them.” says the guy sitting in hotel lobby... its all cyclical he tells me and I agree. The Bs had that stigma going until this year too… as i type the Bs are now in 1st place in the Eastern Division and they are Leading the League in Wins, Points, Goals for, Tied for Goals against and are Winners of their Last 10! look at what someone put out last year because they were so bad...


got on plane at 9:50 and had no problems, my checked bag was right out in front at baggage claim counter, not sure where its been or when it got there but its here and that’s basically the 1st thing that has gone my way… out the door and found sleeves waiting to pick me up and away we went…

~Due to maintaining the increase in the interest of aviation, report the Airline for all this~

sidenote: the wife flew back yesterday and had Zero problems. im glad it was me and not her…

Have a Happy and Healthy New Years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment